Franklin Electric proudly introduces Ryan Johnson as the new Vice President, Sales-US/Canada for the North America Water Systems Business Unit. Ryan will manage all aspects of sales activities for the US and Canada Markets.
With over 20 years of experience with Regal Beloit and General Electric, Ryan possess a diverse background with expertise in Six Sigma, Operations, and in every aspect of the sales process, from direct field sales to sales management leadership.
“Ryan brings a proven track record of building strategies and sales teams focused on providing its customers with clear, differentiating value,” states Don Kenney, President, North America Water Systems and Vice President of Franklin Electric. “He is an operationally driven customer advocate that brings a fresh perspective being previously outside of the company. He has Midwest values, and understands the importance of building and managing fair and mutually beneficial partnerships. I have no doubt that Ryan brings the innovative outlook needed to support our progressing efforts as an organization.”
The WWETT Show (Water & Wastewater Equipment, Treatment & Transport) is the largest annual U.S. trade show for wastewater and environmental service professionals. As expected, it provided a wide array of product innovations, industry education, and fun for attendees. Weren’t able to attend the show this year? No problem. Click here to see the show from our point of view.
A lot has changed at Franklin Electric since E.J. (Ed) Schaefer and T.W. (Wayne) Kehoe founded the company in 1944 in Bluffton, Indiana. Since then, we have grown from a small motor manufacturing company into a leading global provider of systems and components for moving water and fuel. What hasn’t changed are the core values we all share. We remain focused on our customers and dedicated to delivering on our Key Factors for Success. 2019 will be a celebration of all we’ve accomplished in many places and for many customers around the world.
Named after Benjamin Franklin, a pioneer in electrical engineering, Franklin Electric’s core is the world’s first reliable submersible electric motor for water systems, which has remained a staple of the water well industry. 75 years later, we continue to manufacture and distribute improved versions of this unrivaled motor design all around the world, and have expanded our expertise to create innovative solutions, including pumps, electronics, and adjacent products, addressing modern industry challenges and serving our customers’ needs.
“We would like to recognize and thank all of our employees, customers, partners, and investors that have played a role in helping shape Franklin Electric into the company it is today. As we reflect on our past during this milestone, we find ourselves even more focused on our vision of being an indispensable partner to our customers,” states Gregg Sengstack, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
For more information about Franklin Electric products, click here.
Franklin Electric will display multiple pumping innovations at the 2019 WWETT Show in Booth 1435, February 21-23. WWETT (Water & Wastewater Equipment, Treatment & Transport) is the largest annual U.S. trade show for wastewater and environmental service professionals, so once you’re through the doors, you’ll have visual access to some of the most innovative and proven products available today. Here are some of the featured innovations that will be in our booth.
- Enhanced FPS PowerSewer® System – A flexible, service friendly, and efficient system for residential and commercial applications. The basin’s internal C-Channel assembly releases from the top of the unit, simplifying accessibility to and maintenance of its components. The updated tank design provides for easy access and replacement of all other internal components. The float tree is spring loaded and easily removable, with a lift handle to simplify pump removal. It features an isolated pump support that accommodates heavier pumps for expanded applications, and it is compatible with the entire line of Franklin Electric FPS 2 hp grinder pumps.
- FPS IGPH Series – This series of high head grinder pumps is engineered for the tough demands of higher head conditions found in many low pressure sewage transfer applications. Available in an automatic or manual version, the FPS IGPH Series of high head grinder pumps utilize a proven and patented cutter system with tight clearances for superior grinding at 414,000 cuts per minute. These new units incorporate two non-clogging impeller stages for efficient pumping of sewage slurries with a shut-off head of 200 feet. With only 16 full-load amps at minimum head requirements of 100 feet, these units can replace other grinders that fail to meet current application needs.
- New Pioneer Pump® Vortex Series™ Pumps – They eliminate costly and disruptive downtime by passing through the most challenging solids using a recessed impeller, making them ideal for applications where fluid conditioning, macerating, or mix-prevention are unnecessary. Vortex technology saves time and money by eliminating internal wetted parts, like wear plates and chopper blades, that would otherwise have to be monitored, adjusted, and replaced.
For more information on the 2019 WWETT Show, click here.
The Franklin Electric VR Series Vertical Multi-Stage Pumps are now available in both 3500 rpm (2-pole) and new 1750 rpm (4-pole) electric motor-driven configurations. High-speed models provide performances of five to 500 gpm, while low-speed models provide a flow range of 2.5 to 250 gpm and support lower NPSH requirements. To support this product line expansion, a new, comprehensive VR Series Catalog is available for download.
Additionally, all the VR Series hydraulics are available for online sizing at FE Select, where you can select a pump end based on performance needs and then select the type of motor and control needed to complete the quotation and submittal package.
- All 316 stainless steel wetted components for superior durability, efficiency, and performance over a wide variety of applications
- Rugged NEMA motor mounting with oversized thrust bearing ensures long operating life in the toughest of jobs and enables the use of stock motors (high-thrust motors not required) which are available in a wide variety of ratings and enclosures
- Silicon carbide/graphite/EPDM/stainless steel mechanical seal for superior sealing is standard; five optional seal types available
- Removable stainless steel seal plate with jack screw taps provided for ease of service
- In-line suction and discharge connections with round ANSI flanges fit widest range of applications and provide convenient, compact installation with a small footprint; optional oval flange and grooved connections available
For more information about the VR Series, click here.
WEFTEC 2018, the world’s largest annual water quality technical conference and exhibition, was yet again filled with some of the industry’s most innovative people, companies, and products. If you missed it, click below for a look at the show from our point of view.
Come join us at WEFTEC 2018 in booth 7927 at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, October 1-3. Franklin Electric is providing a complimentary registration in conjunction with the show to all current and potential customers so you can see the latest and greatest the industry has to offer, including the following featured products in our booth:
The Inline 1100 SpecPAK™ Pressure Boosting System connects easily to nearly any commercial, industrial, or multi-residential plumbing configuration to provide an easy-to-size water pressure boosting solution. Contractors simply determine how much water is required to be boosted to the desired constant pressure output, and the system comes properly packaged. The pump itself, the Franklin Electric Inline 1100, is a quiet, all-in-one constant water pressure system that contains the pump, motor, and drive in a compact package. As water volume needs increase, the pump instantly accelerates to the proper speed to ensure the water pressure stays constant throughout the application.
The FPS PowerSewer® System is a flexible, service friendly, and efficient system for residential and commercial applications. The basin’s internal C-Channel assembly releases from the top of the unit, simplifying accessibility to and maintenance of its components. The updated tank design provides for easy access and replacement of all other internal components. The float tree is spring loaded and easily removable, with a lift handle to simplify pump removal. It features an isolated pump support that accommodates heavier pumps for expanded applications, and it is compatible with the entire line of Franklin Electric FPS 2 hp grinder pumps.
The Pioneer Pump® GT Series is a robust pumping solution for nearly any food processing, wastewater treatment, waste handling, chemical processing, or industrial application with high performance demands. Available in 3x3, 4x4, and 6x6 sizes, they feature a unique shaft design that permits maximum flow rates up to 2250 gpm at a maximum head of 250 feet with a solids handling capability of up to three inches. A unique suction spool increases the inlet diameter and alleviates abrasion wear on the pump, while its distinct cover combines both the fill access cover and flapper valve access cover in one to improve ease of use – making these pumps ideal for the toughest tasks, all within a standard footprint.
The Pioneer Pump® GL Series Pump Packages move large volumes of water in nearly any rugged industrial, municipal, agricultural, mining, dewatering, or rental application. These robust, diesel-driven pump packages feature a full range of high-head and high-flow pumps up to 575 horsepower, are available in 4x3, 4x4, 5x3, 6x3, 6x4, 6x6, 8x6, 8x8, 10x8, 12x8, and 12x12 pump sizes, and offer both solids handling up to 3.5 inches and clear liquids capability. All side panels down to the top of the skid are removable by hand without the need for additional tools, maximizing accessibility and serviceability. The patented, environmentally safe vac-assist priming system with PosiValveTM evacuates air faster to accelerate and simplify priming, while efficient tank sizes provide up to 30 hours of runtime at full load. Engineered for modularity, the GL Series is available in skid or trailer configurations with a variety of build options to fit each application, and is fully Tier IV ready with the flexibility to offer multiple engine options.
Click here to sign up for our complementary registration and use promo code EVITE1311.
Click here for more information on WEFTEC 2018.
The WEFTEC 2018 show floor opens October 1, and we would love to see you in Louisiana! Now, you can get in the doors free of charge. Franklin Electric is providing a complimentary registration in conjunction with the show to all current and potential customers so you can see the latest and greatest the industry has to offer, including the new Pioneer Pump® GT Series, FPS PowerSewer® System, and Inline 1100 SpecPAKTM. Follow these easy steps to sign up today:
- Click here.
- Click “Register Now” in your VIP guest invite.
- Click “Online Registration”.
- Click “Attendee”.
- If you have a username and password from a past year, enter it here. If not, go down and register a new account by clicking “Click here to register” on the 4th link below the login area.
- From there, it will walk you through the information needed. Simply fill it out and receive a complimentary registration.
- If needed, Franklin Electric’s free registration promo code is: EVITE1311.
Franklin Electric is in booth 7927. See you soon!
The Inline 1100 SpecPAK™ Pressure Boosting System provides a simplified way to select a packaged system for boosting water pressure in applications requiring more than one pump. The system connects easily to nearly any plumbing configuration, so instead of choosing individual components within the system, contractors simply determine how much water is required to be boosted to the desired constant pressure output. The system comes properly packaged and ready for installation virtually anywhere with a product footprint small enough to be hung in a small utility closet.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to expand the quantity of pumps after the initial installation should a building expansion or a water usage increase arise in the future
- Quiet, all-in-one constant water pressure system contains the pump, motor, and drive for easy and versatile system integration
- All stainless components for corrosion resistance and uncompromised water quality
- Electrical design with multiple fuses to prevent surge damage to control electronics
- Manifold and pump circuit piping sized to accommodate a full range of flows with minimal losses from hydraulic friction
- Grooved plumbing connections reduce setup time and minimize external stress transfers between piping connections
- Full port ball valves used to reduce pressure loss through fittings and maintain smooth, consistent water velocities through the system
For more information about the Inline 1100 SpecPAK, click here.
The WWETT Show (Water & Wastewater Equipment, Treatment & Transport) is the largest annual U.S. trade show for the wastewater industry. As expected, it provided a wide array of product innovations, industry education, and fun for attendees. Weren’t able to attend the show this year? No problem. Click below to see the show from our point of view.