News: Frankly Speaking
We are committed to offering availability to both our products and services when and where customers need them. Effective immediately, the Technical Support and Customer Support hours will be extended through September 30, 2019, or beyond, depending on demand.
- 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET
- 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET
Franklin Electric is proud to announce that the MagForce™ High Efficiency Motor System is now available in a 60-horsepower model, meaning the product line offers three distinct models capable of covering pump horsepower ratings from 7.5 to 60. With permanent magnet technology, these motor systems offer an electrical cost savings and efficiency improvement over previous submersible motor designs.
Key Product Features Include:
- Groundbreaking Efficiency: 90% efficiency rating is 10-12% greater than standard induction motor construction. Typical high-duty rate systems can have a payback* of 1 to 2 years.
- Simplified Inventory Management: Three motor sizes cover pump horse powers ranging from 7.5 to 60. Fewer SKUs simplify your inventory.
- Slash Electricity Consumption: Since the motor has rare earth magnets, there is less electrical energy loss, which translates into greater power output per dollar spent on power input. This saves operational costs every time the motor is run; the more it is used, the more can be saved.
- Horsepower Boost: Capable of a 13.6 percent horsepower boost achieved by increasing the motor’s shaft speed to a true 60 hertz, 3600 rpm**. This allows increased pump output in terms of water volume and total dynamic head pressure without having to pull the system from the well.
- Smaller Footprint: Lighter and easier to handle than standard induction motors and, like all submersible motor systems, provides a smaller above ground footprint when compared to line shaft turbines.
- A Package Deal: When ordered, the motor is shipped with a customized variable frequency drive panel that is preprogrammed for use with a transducer-controlled pump system. This allows simple startup, compatibility with a variety of application types, and is guaranteed to optimize performance and maximize system life. The drive control panel also features real-time monitoring, protection, and customizable application-specific programming software as needed to cover all customer requirements.
*Results based on field trial data
**Not to exceed the high efficiency motor’s max amp rating; motor system is set to a default 3450 RPM
As the world’s first manufacturer of a reliable submersible electric motor for water systems, the new MagForce model is another example of how Franklin Electric continues to dedicate design and build resources to create innovative solutions to meet industry needs.
To learn more, view the MagForce High Efficiency Motor System Product Highlight Video.
Franklin Electric proudly introduces Chris Downey as Territory Manager for the north central region. Chris will oversee the sales and distribution of the Pioneer Pump® and FPS® product brands throughout the U.S. sales territory of Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota, along with the Canadian sales territory of Manitoba.
Chris’s pump experience began at a young age, growing up in a well drilling family. He has continued to build upon that knowledge professionally, working in the pump industry for most of his career. Recently, Chris has gained a wealth of experience in positions such as Regional Sales Manager for American Marsh Pumps, as well as the most recent position of Sales Director at Hydroflo Pumps, USA.
You can contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Franklin Electric proudly introduces Shane Wright as Territory Manager for the southeast region. Wright will oversee the sales and distribution of the Pioneer Pump® and FPS® product brands throughout the sales territory of Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
Wright began his career in the pump industry as an Outside Sales Representative for Jack Tyler Engineering. Since then, Wright has gained a great deal of knowledge about the pump industry. At American Marsh, Wright worked his way up from an Inside Sales Representative to the Director of Sales and Marketing. Most recently Wright served as National Distribution Manager for Ruhrpumpen.
You can contact Shane at email@example.com.
Franklin Electric proudly introduces Ryan Johnson as the new Vice President, Sales-US/Canada for the North America Water Systems Business Unit. Ryan will manage all aspects of sales activities for the US and Canada Markets.
With over 20 years of experience with Regal Beloit and General Electric, Ryan possess a diverse background with expertise in Six Sigma, Operations, and in every aspect of the sales process, from direct field sales to sales management leadership.
“Ryan brings a proven track record of building strategies and sales teams focused on providing its customers with clear, differentiating value,” states Don Kenney, President, North America Water Systems and Vice President of Franklin Electric. “He is an operationally driven customer advocate that brings a fresh perspective being previously outside of the company. He has Midwest values, and understands the importance of building and managing fair and mutually beneficial partnerships. I have no doubt that Ryan brings the innovative outlook needed to support our progressing efforts as an organization.”
The WWETT Show (Water & Wastewater Equipment, Treatment & Transport) is the largest annual U.S. trade show for wastewater and environmental service professionals. As expected, it provided a wide array of product innovations, industry education, and fun for attendees. Weren’t able to attend the show this year? No problem. Click here to see the show from our point of view.
A lot has changed at Franklin Electric since E.J. (Ed) Schaefer and T.W. (Wayne) Kehoe founded the company in 1944 in Bluffton, Indiana. Since then, we have grown from a small motor manufacturing company into a leading global provider of systems and components for moving water and fuel. What hasn’t changed are the core values we all share. We remain focused on our customers and dedicated to delivering on our Key Factors for Success. 2019 will be a celebration of all we’ve accomplished in many places and for many customers around the world.
Named after Benjamin Franklin, a pioneer in electrical engineering, Franklin Electric’s core is the world’s first reliable submersible electric motor for water systems, which has remained a staple of the water well industry. 75 years later, we continue to manufacture and distribute improved versions of this unrivaled motor design all around the world, and have expanded our expertise to create innovative solutions, including pumps, electronics, and adjacent products, addressing modern industry challenges and serving our customers’ needs.
“We would like to recognize and thank all of our employees, customers, partners, and investors that have played a role in helping shape Franklin Electric into the company it is today. As we reflect on our past during this milestone, we find ourselves even more focused on our vision of being an indispensable partner to our customers,” states Gregg Sengstack, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
For more information about Franklin Electric products, click here.
Franklin Electric will display multiple pumping innovations at the 2019 WWETT Show in Booth 1435, February 21-23. WWETT (Water & Wastewater Equipment, Treatment & Transport) is the largest annual U.S. trade show for wastewater and environmental service professionals, so once you’re through the doors, you’ll have visual access to some of the most innovative and proven products available today. Here are some of the featured innovations that will be in our booth.
- Enhanced FPS PowerSewer® System – A flexible, service friendly, and efficient system for residential and commercial applications. The basin’s internal C-Channel assembly releases from the top of the unit, simplifying accessibility to and maintenance of its components. The updated tank design provides for easy access and replacement of all other internal components. The float tree is spring loaded and easily removable, with a lift handle to simplify pump removal. It features an isolated pump support that accommodates heavier pumps for expanded applications, and it is compatible with the entire line of Franklin Electric FPS 2 hp grinder pumps.
- FPS IGPH Series – This series of high head grinder pumps is engineered for the tough demands of higher head conditions found in many low pressure sewage transfer applications. Available in an automatic or manual version, the FPS IGPH Series of high head grinder pumps utilize a proven and patented cutter system with tight clearances for superior grinding at 414,000 cuts per minute. These new units incorporate two non-clogging impeller stages for efficient pumping of sewage slurries with a shut-off head of 200 feet. With only 16 full-load amps at minimum head requirements of 100 feet, these units can replace other grinders that fail to meet current application needs.
- New Pioneer Pump® Vortex Series™ Pumps – They eliminate costly and disruptive downtime by passing through the most challenging solids using a recessed impeller, making them ideal for applications where fluid conditioning, macerating, or mix-prevention are unnecessary. Vortex technology saves time and money by eliminating internal wetted parts, like wear plates and chopper blades, that would otherwise have to be monitored, adjusted, and replaced.
For more information on the 2019 WWETT Show, click here.
The Franklin Electric VR Series Vertical Multi-Stage Pumps are now available in both 3500 rpm (2-pole) and new 1750 rpm (4-pole) electric motor-driven configurations. High-speed models provide performances of five to 500 gpm, while low-speed models provide a flow range of 2.5 to 250 gpm and support lower NPSH requirements. To support this product line expansion, a new, comprehensive VR Series Catalog is available for download.
Additionally, all the VR Series hydraulics are available for online sizing at FE Select, where you can select a pump end based on performance needs and then select the type of motor and control needed to complete the quotation and submittal package.
- All 316 stainless steel wetted components for superior durability, efficiency, and performance over a wide variety of applications
- Rugged NEMA motor mounting with oversized thrust bearing ensures long operating life in the toughest of jobs and enables the use of stock motors (high-thrust motors not required) which are available in a wide variety of ratings and enclosures
- Silicon carbide/graphite/EPDM/stainless steel mechanical seal for superior sealing is standard; five optional seal types available
- Removable stainless steel seal plate with jack screw taps provided for ease of service
- In-line suction and discharge connections with round ANSI flanges fit widest range of applications and provide convenient, compact installation with a small footprint; optional oval flange and grooved connections available
For more information about the VR Series, click here.
WEFTEC 2018, the world’s largest annual water quality technical conference and exhibition, was yet again filled with some of the industry’s most innovative people, companies, and products. If you missed it, click below for a look at the show from our point of view.