Dual Seal Grinder Pump Series
Utilizes two mechanical seals, coupled with sensor probe and seal leak detection circuitry in the panel, to provide added pump protection that can extend the overall pump life. The Series also features a reliable patented cutter system at 414,000 cuts per minute.
- High-end Residential
- Vertical 1-1/4" FNPT discharge
- Upper and lower mechanical seals minimize downtime and maintenance
- Sensor probe designed to indicate early leak detection
- Externally-mounted start components*
- Corrosion-resistant brass impeller
- Tight cutting clearances for superior grinding at 414,000 cuts per minute
- Epoxy-coated finish for corrosion resistance and durability
- Built-in overload protection prevents over-current and over-temperature damage
- *The IGPDS Series requires a specific control panel or capacitor kit from FPS that is matched to the pump for proper operation and third-party approval.
Item No. Model No. HP Volts Hz Phase Cord Length (ft) Full Load (Amps/Watts) Wt. (lbs.) 515722 IGPDS-M231-30 2 208-230 60 1 30 13.9/3200 111 515724 IGPDS-M233-30 208-230 3 30 10.0/1300 111 515725 IGPDS-M233-50 208-230 3 50 10.0/1300 118 515726 IGPDS-M463-30 460 3 30 4.5/1025 111 Performance (GPM @ Head) Shut-Off (ft) PSI 10' 20' 40' 60' 80' 100' 120' 33 32 31 30 25 20 10 130 56
Pump Housing Cast iron with epoxy paint coating Volute Cast iron with epoxy paint coating Impeller Brass with pressure relief vanes Motor 3450 rpm with automatic high-temperature
Hardware 300 Series stainless steel Bearings Upper and lower ball Shaft Seals Upper: Type 21, mechanical, spring-loaded,
rotating carbon with fluoroelastomer
(FKM) bellows, and stationary ceramic with
fluoroelastomer (FKM) O-ring.
Lower: Rotating silicon carbide with
fluoroelastomer (FKM) and stationary silicon
carbide with fluoroelastomer (FKM) O-ring.
Power Cord Sensor cord: 18 AWG 2-conductor, copper, stranded
Pump: 14 AWG 4-conductor, copper, stranded
Cooling The motor housing contains a dielectric oil to cool
the motor and lubricate the bearings and seals.
The pump is capable of operating with the motor
housing partially exposed for extended periods
of time, providing sufficient motor cooling and
bearing lubrication. However, for the best cooling
and motor life, the liquid level being pumped
should normally be above the top of the cast iron
Cutters 440C stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 60C